Sunday, October 17, 2021

Byrant!


Sometimes it's nice to 'kick back' a bit and do something that leans more towards the recreational rather than the many, much more, intense excursions I find myself on. On this nice Fall day, I rode into Cummington. A town I've traveled through oh so many more times than I could remember. It is often on my main route to and from the Berkshires. The destination? A place (believe it or not) I had never visited: the William Cullen Bryant Homestead. A Trustees of Reservations property.

Under the forest canopy!

Today's walk was lead by naturalist Aimee Gelinas of Tamarack Hollow in Windsor. It was the quintessential hike through sylvanian wilderness that encompassed learning opportunities on a variety of subjects. Subjects such as tress, fungi, and even a smattering of geology. For those wishing to follow our route, it took us down the Rivulet Trail. Near it's farthest point, we diverged onto the Pine Loop which did bring us back to the Rivulet and our way from the forest. Picturesque all the way!

A fine specimen!