Monday, May 4, 2015

In Search of the Titanic


A pretty much straightforward trip up to the Mohawk Trail. I had been clued in to a large rock in that region. It coincidentally happened to be an area I passed through several years ago, and spotted numerous erratics off in the woods. At that time, I was on a tight schedule and could not stop.



Boulder Cave

In the very same vicinity was Boulder Cave, so I made a stop to grab photos before Spring finally sprung and the site became completely enveloped in green foliage. The large rock I sought out was enormous and probably the largest I've seen so far in Franklin County. It apparently is well known to boulder climbers and goes by the name of Titanic. By and large, the whole area turned out to be an area of significant glacial boulders.



The Titanic